Thursday 23 February 2012

Vincent Tan turns 60, announces retirement as Berjaya Corp chairman

KUALA LUMPUR (Feb 23): BERJAYA CORPORATION BHD []'s founder Tan Sri Vincent Tan Chee Yioun announced his retirement from active corporate role in the company on Thursday, which was his 60th birthday.

BCorp, which is the flagship of the Berjaya Group of companies, said Tan had relinquished his position of chairman after handing over the role of CEO to his eldest son, Datuk Robin Tan Yeong Ching, in January 2011.

"I turned 60 years old today, I founded the Berjaya Group in 1984 and have dedicated a good part of my working life to Berjaya. I personally feel a great sense of pride and accomplishment in having built up a reasonably significant group," he said in a statement.

The group said his son would hold the position of chairman and CEO until a suitable candidate has been identified.

"Although I am no longer chairman or a board member, I will nevertheless always be available to the management of the group for consultation and advice whenever needed," Tan added.



Get your T+10 interest FREE margin trading account NOW. Attractive brokerage for online trading. Contact Mr Ho at +603-5192 0808 or hoxian@sjsec.com.my for more details.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...